NC: Information Technology: Systems Development NQF Level 5
A qualifying learner will be able to communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information technology, understanding the role of technology in a business context and to be able to address business problems with appropriate information technology solutions. Learners will be able to apply the principles of creating computer software by carrying out, under limited supervision, a task of reasonable size to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques & skills needed in one or more area of majoring/specialisation that the qualification offers where IT is a key component, like the Financial Services or Insurance Industries.
Learnership - 12 Months
Similar to the National Certificates in IT at NQF level 4, this qualification has been formulated such that it reflects the workplace-based needs of the Information Technology Industry as expressed by its stakeholders. The input has been used to ensure that the qualification provides the learner with accessibility to be employed within the IT Industry.
It is assumed that the learner must be competent in skills gained at the further education and training band, with Computer Studies as an advantage, but not a requirement. A learning assumption of this qualification is foundational skills in communication and mathematical literacy as required by NQF level 4 qualifications. Further learning assumed is the ability to use a personal computer competently.
- Introduction to computer technology
- Networking Architecture
- Computer programming
- Internet software development
- Analysis of Infrastructure
- Complaints management
- IT systems diagnostics
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a systems development environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Development, with all its implications
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions
- Apply the principles of creating computer software