What is Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATVs)?
Software Assurance is your Volume Licensing Program that includes several benefits, including SATVs. SATVs provide in-depth technical training for IT professionals and developers. The number of SATV’s allocated to each agreement is dependent on the user base and licenses issued through that agreement. Each SATV can be redeemed for a single day of technical training from your preferred Microsoft Learning Partner. This has for years been a way for organisations to upskill technical resources by maximising both their budget and Microsoft’s commitment to providing training at no cost.
But, all good things come to an end...
Microsoft is investing in new ways to help customers deploy and use their products and services, and as part of that, they have evaluated the offers in Software Assurance. As they adapt to new customer needs, they’ve updated Software Assurance benefits starting in February 2020 to ensure it stays relevant and useful to customers.
Changes to Microsoft SATV:
- Retirement of Azure training from the SATV catalogue on 1st February 2020.
- The last day to redeem training vouchers for existing contracts will be January 1, 2022.
Confirm if your organisation has available SATVs:
- Speak to your LSP or SA Benefits Administrator to see how many SATV’s you have available.
- Work with Mecer Inter-Ed to make sure you redeem what you have paid for.
- Book any Azure courses before 01 February 2020 (the training must be completed by that date).
- Ensure you have planned and consumed all your SATV’s on training before 01 January 2022.
How to book Microsoft Courses with SATV at MIE:
Call 010 730 0860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.