NC: Information Technology: Systems Support NQF Level 5
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification is expanding the specialisation(s) started at NQF level 4 into the core field of networking and support, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support fields or in any other related vertical or enabled markets.
- Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organisation.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate basic application support skills
- Demonstrate operating system support skills
- Demonstrate network support skills
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions
- Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills
- Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT support
- Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team
- Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Support contextualised within a selected work area
The stated requirement is for the formation of a new set of skills and competencies, within the specific focus of networking/systems support, contextualised as appropriate for a wide range of related industry sectors.
It is assumed that the learner must be competent in skills gained at the further education and training band. A learning assumption of this qualification is foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4. Further learning assumed is the ability to use a personal computer competently.
- Personal Development
- Network Architecture & Standards
- Enterprise Systems Management
- Designing a LAN for Departmental Office
- Client Server Networking
- Monitor, Maintain & Test Systems
- Managing LANS & Understanding WANS
- Assembling, Maintaining & Repairing a Server