FETC: Information Technology: Technical Support NQF Level 4
NQF Level 4
The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundation entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels.
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
- Select and use materials and equipment safely for technological purposes.
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small size task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques & skills needed in one or more of the following areas of majoring/specialisation:
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products
- Data Communications and Network Support
The introduction of national qualifications in Information Technology based on unit standards will allow learners to qualify for a national qualification by accumulating the required credits via short learning programmes or workplace practical experience or both. It also allows learners to achieve the qualifications through recognition of prior learning and/or learnerships schemes, overcoming past barriers in the methods of achieving formal qualifications.
- Grade 11 Certificate
- English NQF 3 (Grade 11)
- Mathematics Literacy NQF 3 (Grade 11)
- Computer Literacy
- Introduction to computer technology
- Networking Architecture
- Computer upgrading for hardware and software
- Management of networks
- Business Communication