FETC: New Venture Creation NQF Level 2
The purpose of the NQF level 2 New Venture Creation qualification is to provide a qualification that can form the basis for structured programmes for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors. This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up own ventures. Assessment of the competencies and knowledge in the qualification needs to be done in the context of the learner's own new venture.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within an market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
This qualification will meet the needs of the formal and in-formal Small, Micro and Medium Enterprise Sector by providing training standards against which entrepreneurs can be trained.
English and Mathematics Literacy at NQF L3 (Grade 11)
- Demonstrating an understanding of a selected business environment
- Investigating the markets and needs for a new business venture
- Determine financial requirements of a new business venture